This morning, ILN in-person attendees got the chance to visit DC-area companies embodying innovation in their everyday work. Safari destinations included:
- Capital Bikeshare – Technology to change the way we move, for health
- NPR Headquarters – Disrupting broadcasting, building for health
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) – Financial health and behavior change at the
- National Intrepid Center of Excellence at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (NICOE)
- ONC Blue Button – Empoweirng patients with their electronic health record information (SafariBlueButton)
- OPOWER – leveraging the latest behavior change science to transform energy consumption
- Uniformed Services University (USU) Simulation Center (USUSIM)
- MedStar Health’s Simulation Training & Education Lab (SiTEL)
- The Bridge to ER One at MedStar Washington Hospital Center
Attendees hurried back to the Center for Total Health for remarks from Rear Admiral (RADM) Boris D. Lushniak, M.D., M.P.H., Acting Surgeon General of the United States, who reminded us that we haven’t failed until we stop trying.
The afternoon included more great speakers and a walking break to the Supreme Court. Tonight, we’re looking forward to a healthy dinner at 1776 with health startups on the cutting edge of technology and innovation.